Monday, January 3, 2011

My Heart is Yours

Just wanted to post about another Iris Folded creation that I did on Saturday.  I'm very proud of myself of being able to get my posts up about my cards just a few days after creating them.  Definitely better than last year.

If you want to read about Iris Folding, check out one of my earlier posts.

My Heart is Yours - Iris Folded Handmade Valentine's Day Card

For the base of the card I have chosen to use cream colored cardstock.  I sponged the edges of the front, back and inside of the card in pink and lavender stamping ink.  The second layer of the card is this pretty lavender colored cardstock by Bazzill Basics appropriately called Foxy.  I also used it for layering the inside and back of card.

For the third layer of the card, I picked out this cool looking pink and cream colored tree trunk designer paper from Basic Grey's Eva Collection.  I wanted to add a little purple to the designer paper so I sponged (using an applicator) some lavender stamping ink on the paper.  It actually added a more worn look to the front of the card that I was going for.

I cut out the shape for the iris folded heart and frayed the edges,  Using a small applicator, I sponged the edges with lavender stamping ink to add some color and aging effect.  I decided to use pink and purple origami paper and this pretty flower theme washi paper that matched the color theme of the entire card.  Washi paper can be a bit pricey but I love the colors and the texture.

I cut and folded all the strips of origami paper.  After folding the strips, I use a glue runner to close the folded strip before adding it to the design.  It definitely helps with keeping the piece closed and makes it easier to attach to the design.  Using a bone folder, I then folded each of the strips of paper.  Once all the paper I was going to use was folded, I was ready to assemble the heart.  I prefer using a glue runner when assembling the strips of paper.  Tape tends to add more bulk.  For the center of the design (iris), I used a scrap of designer paper I had from Jolie's Paper Pad Chocolat.  The designer paper is decorated in these glittered embossed butterflies.  Perfect for the iris of the design.

After assembling the heart, I was ready to attach the top layer of the card to the base.  When I create my cards, I typically put together the design of the card before mounting it to the card base.  I find it easier to create that way.

There you have it.  Simple (besides the iris folding) yet I would like think elegant as well.

Materials Used
Cream Cardstock for the Base of the Card
Foxy Cardstock by Bazzill Basics
Lavash from Basic Grey's Eva Collection
Origami and Washi Paper
Jolie's Paper Pad Chocolat
Pink Stamping Ink by ColorBox
Lavender Stamping Ink by VersaColor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...