Friday, April 16, 2010

Greetings!

Greetings from Casa Gray!

So here I am blogging. I have finally "come out of closet" and have decided to give this blog thing a shot. Welcome to the modern age Missy. For the past year most of the things that I have to share have been done on Facebook. Although I love Facebook, I think that sometimes Facebook can be limited in sharing one of the things that brings a tremendous amount of joy and pleasure in my life: crafting.


Well let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Heather and I am the Family Support Coordinator for the Northern California/Northern Nevada Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association (http://www.alz.org/norcal/). My primary job responsibilities include coordinating and overseeing over 60 family dementia family caregiver support groups; facilitating two support groups for individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease; providing care consultation services for families living with the disease; and providing community and professional education. I am absolutely in love with my job and love the people I work for and the families I work with.


In my spare time (which is very limited), I love crafting. Specifically, making handmade cards. I have been making cards for many years now and just recently (after many suggestions) have decided to open up my own etsy shop. I don't know where it's going to go and what sales I will make, but I love a challenge and hope that one day it might actually be successful. I just recently took up sewing (which I will blog about). I love it as well...but making cards is my passion. I love sharing ideas and hope that I inspire some of you to break out those art supplies and get crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...