Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Birds in Love

Another card that took me a few hours to create.  I think one of the things that I face when I am creating the design of the card is the fact that I definitely have a lot of paper to chose from.  I sit there staring at all my paper, cardstock, designer paper and what have you --- trying to figure out which is the best to use for my design.  Oh well....the time I spend on each creation just shows the love that goes into each card.

Birds in Love - Valentine's Day Handmade Card

I think this card turned out really cute.  The only thing that I am disappointed about is the fact that the two embossed birds on the bottom panel didn't really show up in the photograph I took.  Other than that, I am very happy about my creation.

I chose some black cardstock for the base of the card because I wanted the pink motif to stand out.  I actually really like pink and black together (as well as pink and brown).  The next layer is Pinkini from Bazzill Basics which I sponged with pink stamping ink.  I also used the same colored cardstock for the inside of the card and layered the back of the card with a piece of black cardstock.

Each of the three panels also have been layered.  I keeping with the pinky color scheme, I used Sprout Cardstock from Bazzill Basics (top panel), a very Valentine's Day theme pretty and black designer paper from Pink Paislee's Sweetness Collection (side panel), and light pink swirl looking designer paper from Basic Grey's Eva Collection for the bottom layer of each panel.

For the top panel and side panel I cut two different designer paper from the Bo Bunny Crazy for Love Collection.  I really like the paper I used for the side panel.  It has two birds in black bird cages with heart blossom branches.  Very pretty paper and inspired the whole Birds in Love theme of the card.  I also added red heart confetti (each one individually attached) to the the heart blocks and to the corners of the side panel.  The top of the bottom panel is Sweetpea Cardstock by Bazzill Basics that I frayed and used pink stamping ink to sponge the edges.

I used the Reversing Stamp by Comotion Rubber Stamps to create one of the stamped images of the bird (Chirp Stamp by All Night Media).  I love the reversing stamp.  If you have a reversing stamp all you need to do is stamp whatever image you want to use on the reversing stamp and then use the reversing stamp to stamp your paper.  You can use the same stamp to create two of the same images facing each other or whatever you want to do.  Its perfect if you prefer your image to face a different way than how it was mounted.  I used the VersaMark Watermark Stamp pad to stamp the images and Stampedous Blushing Pink Embossing Powder to heat emboss each image.  I also added a little heart confetti in the middle of the two birds.

For a little added touch, I added some decorative machine stitching to each panel before mounting the panels to the front of the card.  When I create my cards, I typically put together the design of the card before mounting it to the card base.  I find it easier to create that way.

There you have it...after a few hours of work another wonderful Valentine's Day card has been created.


Materials Used
Black Cardstock for the Base of the Card and Back of Card
Pinkini Cardstock by Bazzill Basics (1st Layer)
Sweetpea Cardstock by Bazzill Basics (Top Layer of Bottom Panel)
Bo Bunny Crazy for Love Collection (Side Panel and Top Panel)
Sprout Cardstock by Bazzill Basics (Layer Under Top Panel)
Pink Paislee Sweetness Collection (Layer Under the Bird Cage Designer Paper)
Basic Grey's Eva Collection (Layer Under the Embossed Birds)
Chirp (Bird) Stamp by All Night Media
Reversing Stamp by Comotion Rubber Stamps
Blushing Pink Embossing Powder by Stampendous
VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
Machine Stitching
Red Heart Confetti
Pink Stamping Ink by ColorBox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...