Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cranes & Flowers

Good Morning Bloggers.  Hope all is well in your universes.  I have had a busy two weeks.  I finally finished the birthday invitations for my friend's daughter.  They took a lot longer than I thought.  But that is the nature of crafting and creating something special.  Work has been a little hectic and dealing with those things that come  up on a daily basis has taken time away from my craft time.  I'm hoping to get cracking on some cards this weekend and playing in the garden.

With that being said.  I was able to get one new card done on Monday night.  I wanted to do something simple but elegant.  I had gone to the Japanese Tea Garden with a friend last week during one of my breaks between meetings.  I love the garden.  It is so serene and gorgeous.  You can just get lost in all of the beauty.  The cranes in their pond and the garden's flowers inspired me to make this card along with Crazy 4 Challenges Inspiration Challenge.  As I am sure it is with many of you, a lot of my inspiration for creating cards comes from my everyday life.  

The Crane fan is Victorian Scrap from a great Etsy Shop It's Always Fabulous.  When you run your fingers across it the grooves actually feel like fan grooves.

Flowers were created using the Pagoda Cricut Cartridge.  I added antique gold brads to the center of the flowers and Tim Holtz distressing glitter for a little shimmer.
Crazy 4 Challenges Photo Inspiration Challenge

Challenges Entered
Bearly-Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
Craft-Room Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Wings
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Karens Doodles Challenge Blog - Brads And/Or Eyelets
Make It Monday- #40: Linky Party
My Time to Craft Challenge - Challenge 144: Wildlife Reserve 
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Animals 

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and thanks so much for sharing my etsy shop information. I just love your stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful and elegant card I love the fan. Thanks for displaying our logo. Good luck and thanks for joining Craft-Room Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!Love the flowers!
    Thank you for joining Karen`s Doodles this week and good luck!

    Hugs,Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just fantastic! I love how you layered your flowers in different colors, way cute :)Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty love your oriental theme your card is very graceful. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge. Thank you for putting our Logo on your side bar, to be eligible for the prize draw we are looking for the shops logo and a link to http://www.craft-room.co.uk/. hope you do not mind my mentioning it. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, pretty colours and I love the fan. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card, love the flowers and papers, great job!
    Thank you for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenge Blog,
    Hugs,Alberto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful card. I especially love the wonderful flowers. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a gorgeous fan
    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
    Lisa x
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, love the theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning fan and flowers. Thank you for joining our first challenge at craft room challenge.

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, lovely fan and flowers...

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very lovely winged thing. I love your fan. I wish I could feel the grooves you spoke of. A really "cool" card.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous oriental feeling, great fan!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at
    Craft-Room Challenge, good luck,
    hope to see you again soon,-))m

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card, very pretty
    Thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card, the colours and images are lovely! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty oriental card you've created - love the fan and the flowers Thanks for joining us at CRc Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely beautiful... I LOVE those flowers! THANKS for joining us at Karen's Doodles this week!!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, is super beautiful!! The fan... I completely falled in love with the fan!! It's all delicate and sweet... Amazing card!
    Thank you for joining us at Deep Ocean, hope to see you again soon!
    Don't forget to come to discover on june, 20th who is the winner, he could be you!

    Hugs,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Asian inspired card! I love that fan! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...