Sunday, May 16, 2010

Flower Power

I can't tell you how much I love TV. My favorite show is Lost but I'm up for anything (except for reality tv). After watching some old episodes of the Brady Bunch, I wanted to do something creative with flowers and windows. So this is what I came up with.

The base of the card is white card stock. I layered the card with some burgundy card stock. I next cut out small squares of decorative flower card stock that I had from a paper kit and some plain off-white and pink card stock. I folded the off-white and pink card stock in half to form the windows. I painted the edges of the windows with some burgundy acyrillic paint and added iridescent glitter to the front of the window to give it some 70's feel. After everything was dried, I mounted the two small flower decorative paper and windows on different shade of burgundy paper and attached the windows using gold photo turns.

For the middle of the card, I broke out the cricut and cut multiple flowers in various shades from the Walk in My Garden cartridge. I attached the two outer flowers with a gold brad and the two center flowers were attached with glue on a strip of yellow based flower decorative paper. I added some decorative beads in the center of the two flower for some added effect.

I next embellished the card with yellow ribbon, decorative beads, and some multi-colored fibers (which I attached to the decorative flower paper). When you turn the photo turns, you will see that I added two pop-up flower stickers. As with all my cards, I also decorated the inside of the card to match the front.



Materials Used

Acid Free White Card Stock

Decorative Flower Card Stock
2 Shades of Burgundy Card Stock
Pink and Tan Card Stock
Flower Images from Cricut Walk In My Garden Cartridge
Gold Photo Turns
Pop-Up Flower Stickers
Gold Brads

Purple Beads
Yellow Ribbon and Multi-Colored Fibers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...