Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ode to Clapton

I spent the day on filling orders for folks. This is the first of a few orders I completed. This card is for my god-sister to give my godfather. I was asked to create something that my pop would like and this is what I came up with. By the way, my pop loves it.

I mounted the card with Chantilly cardstock and then went through a few of my dad's Guitar Player magazines. I found sheet music for Eric Clapton's Layla and some blues cords and scanned them. Printed on heavy cardstock, I then stained the Layla sheet music with a tea bag and sponged the blues cords sheet music with a brown stamping pad. I adhered the the blues cord sheet music with glue and then machine stitched it to the base of the card. I also machine stitched the first bars of the Layla sheet music to the card. I printed out the greeting tag and adhered it to the card with glue tape. The card is embellished with gold brads.

Materials Used
Acid Free White Card Stock

Bazzill Basics Paper - Chantilly
Sheet Music
Tea Bag
Brown Stamp Pad
Gold Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...