Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lavender Shaker Note Card(s)



I love the smell of lavender. I keep lavender in my dresser drawers. I thought it would be cool to make a shaker card. I ran across some Rossler Papier sage photo cards at Flax that were perfect for what I was thinking about. I was just going to buy one, but thought that the card idea would be great for a set of note cards.
 
The card is a double-fold and perfect for shaker cards. It already had an oval cut out so no extra work involved. First, I cut out some transparent paper and attached it to the back of the first tri-fold of the card placing it over the oval cut out. I then sprinkled the organic dried lavender over the transparent paper. 

Using mounting tape, I then proceeded to mount Sage Bazzill Basics Paper over the dried lavender. I sealed the first fold over the card to give the lavender a little more security. For the front of the card, I heat embossed a decorative stamp image and added black and gold brads and accented the card with purple ribbon. I scraped the edges of the card to add a bit of texture. 

Materials Used:
Rossler Papier Sage Photo Card

Bazzill Basics Paper - Sage
Decorative Stamp & Pirate Gold Stampendous Embossing Powder
Purple Ribbon
Black and Gold Flower Shaped Brads

2 comments:

  1. What a wondrful idea , thx for sharing & i think i'm gonna make a card like it coz it's really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wondrful idea , thx for sharing & i think i'm gonna make a card like it coz it's really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...