Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer Solstice Sunflower Card Set

A friend from high school asked me to create some Summer Solstice cards for her fellow wiccans using sunflowers. I love sunflowers. They are my favorite flower and I have a huge collection of sunflower stamps.
I wanted to keep the design simple but elegant with. After spending an hour playing around with my stamp images, I came up with the design pictured.

The card was made using heavy white card stock. I layered the front of the card with
Bazzill Basics Paper Cream Paper and this very cool olive green cream flower embossed decorative paper. I machine stitched the sides of the decorative paper to the base of the card using cream thread and added clear yellow buttons to the corners using some heavy brownish-gold packaging thread that I got at Flax's a few weeks ago.

For the sunflower, I stamped the image 3 times on white card stock using cream stamping ink. I cut out the main image and then cut out the flower portion of the image twice. The two flower portions of the sunflower are layered using mounting tape. I colored the sunflowers with yellow, brown, tan, and orange markers. For the center of the flower, I added gold micro beads. Once the sunflower was dry, I glued the image to the center of the card


The "Summer Solstice Greetings" tag was printed on heavy white card stock using a cool Celtic font that I had downloaded for my St. Patrick's day cards. I brushed the tag with orange and gold stamp pads.

The inside of the cards (which have been left blank) are cream and have been sponged with gold stamping ink.

Materials Used
Acid Free White Card Stock

Olive Green Cream Flower Embossed Decorative Paper
Sunflower Stamp
Cream, Gold, and Light Orange Stamp Pads
Clear Yellow Buttons
Brownish-Gold Packing Thread
Gold Photo Turns
Yellow, Brown, Tan, & Orange Markers
Machine Stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...